Treatment Safety & COVID-19
Cedron completed his COVID-19 vaccinations mid-February 2021 and was boosted in November 2021. Extensive new safety protocols are outlined below in compliance with the Washington State Department of Health, the Washington Massage Board, and Governor Jay Inslee's four-phase reopening plan. Additional consultation was done with Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, and the Washington State Massage Therapy Association. The below safety protocols can be updated at any time based on new emerging safety information.
To all new and existing clients,
I take client safety very seriously and have implemented extra safety measures to insure my healing arts studio operates with the latest strategies to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In addition, there are specific steps I will ask YOU to take when you visit me regarding our mutual safety.
What I will do or have already done:
- As mentioned above, I am fully vaccinated and boosted. Verfication available on request.
- For client's and my protection, I will don a N95 mask during all treatments. The facemask itself will remain on at all times during client office visits.
- My treatment room is equiped with a Blue Air 211+ air purifier (rated #2 on Consumer Reports at the time of purchase). Read Consumer Reports write-up "What You Need to Know About Air Purifiers and the Coronavirus" dated May 5, 2020.
- In addition to the air purifier, there is a window fan that blows outside air into the business office and treatment room. This means a gentle, but steady air flow is allowed to enter the treatment room that is warmed by a forced air heater inside.
- All patient contact areas in my treatment room and business office are periodically wiped down with disinfecting wipes. It is important to know that the vast majority of infection is transmitted via air.
- Disposable cups for used for water. The water pitcher is wiped down with a disinfecting wipe after each client leaves.
- Blankets are no longer used, however, the room and table itself are both sustantially heated for client comfort. Clients may bring their own blanket, but will need to take it with them once the session is completed.
- I will wash my hands thoroughly with soap and hot water before and after treating each client.
- I have tissues, wipes and hand sanitizers strategically placed around the treatment room and office for my use and client use.
- Until we enter a safer period of containment of the COVID-19 virus, I will be abstaining from including intraoral work (i.e., working inside the mouth) in treating clients with TMJ and other forms of jaw, neck and cranial tightness. This will change in the future once there is some semblance of herd immunity. (stay tuned).
In return, I ask my clients to do the following to minimize exposure:
- At the time of your first visit, please call or text me from your car, and I will come out and take your temperature with an infrared no-contact thermometer. Once your temperature is shown to be within normal range. During all future visits, please text me from the parking lot to let me know you are coming and I will take your temperature at the entry door to my office. Waiting inside my office is being discontinued indefinitely.
- Please come prepared to wear a facemask during the entire office visit.
- Upon entering, please go straight to the restroom for a 20 second thorough hand wash with soap and hot water before entering my office. Paper towels are supplied.
- Do not come if you are feeling unwell or outright sick!! Please reschedule. I will not charge you for a missed session due to illness even if it is at the last minute. Having said that, if at all possible, please provide as much notice as you can so I might refill your slot!
- Please have already thought through what you are going to do if the impulse to cough or sneeze arises suddenly. These body functions often happen with no notice. Be prepared to cough or sneeze into your face mask if there is not enough time to grab a tissue. I know it sounds gross, but remember COVID-19 is most easily spread through aerosolized vapor. Partially sneezing without containment may still allow some aerosolized particles to escape into the room. The importance of this cannot be overemphasized.
- Please bring a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination shots at the time of your initial visit. I will photograph it and store it in your file in my office.
I would love to hear any of your suggestions that may enhance the health and safety for both of us in my studio. Together, we can get through this raising the odds for continued good health!
Thank you again for considering becoming or already being my client. I treasure the opportunity to work with you.