Treatment Safety & COVID-19
To all new and existing clients,
I take client safety very seriously and have implemented extra safety measures to insure my healing arts studio operates with the latest strategies to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In addition, there are specific steps YOU can take when you visit me regarding our mutual safety.
What I do:
- All furniture in my treatment room and business office is wiped down after each client leaves with alcohol wipes. This includes all door knobs, bathroom sink, spigot handles, toilet seat, and toilet handle. In addition, I will be wiping down the inside stair banister railings, the outside railings, and the garden gate latch.
- In my treatment room there is now a tray to place jewelry and eye glasses that is wiped down after each client leaves.
- I use disposable cups for water. The water pitcher is wiped down with alcohol wipe after each client leaves.
- Blankets are no longer used, however, the room and table itself are both sustantially heated for client comfort.
- The side of my desk and client chair (where I check in with clients or take payment) are wiped down with alcohol wipes after each client leaves.
- I wash my hands thoroughly with soap and hot water before and after treating each client using the 20 second rule followed by hand sanitizer before and after each new treatment.
- I have tissues, wipes and sanitizers strategically placed around the treatment room and office for client use.
- Until we enter a safer period of containment of the COVID-19 virus, I will be abstaining from including intraoral work (i.e., working inside the mouth) in treating clients with TMJ and other forms of jaw and neck tightness.
In return, I ask my clients to do the following to minimize exposure:
- Do not come if you are feeling unwell or outright sick!! Please reschedule. I will not charge you for a missed session due to illness even if it is at the last minute. Having said that, if at all possible, please provide as much notice as you can so I might refill your slot!
- Please throw your water cup in the trash can after you have had your drink. (That way I don’t have to handle it.)
- You’ve already heard this, but if you feel a sneeze or cough coming on, please place your mouth directly over your shoulder, arm, or directly into a tissue. COVID-19 is most easily spread through aerosolized vaper. Partially sneezing over these areas still allows some aerosolized particles to escape into the room. The importance of this cannot be overemphasized.
- Please use the individually rolled wash clothes in the basket on top of the toilet. Absolutely AVOID using all other towels in the bathroom. They are for household use only!
I would love to hear any of your suggestions that may enhance the health and safety for both of us in my studio. Together, we can get through this raising the odds for continued good health!
Thank you again for considering becoming or already being my client. I treasure the opportunity to work with you.